Please join us for 350 Colorado’s Virtual Climate Lobby Week!
Join 350 Colorado members from across the state for our first-ever virtual Climate Lobby Week starting Saturday, March 13th. This year, we are going online, offering a powerful opportunity to advocate for climate justice and bold climate legislation, all while protecting one another from the ongoing health and social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Legislators want to hear what issues matter most to their constituents. Your voice counts!
During this week of action, you will have the opportunity to speak with Colorado lawmakers, urging them to pass ambitious climate legislation that is at scale with the defining crisis of our time: the climate crisis. With only about a decade left to make the transformations necessary to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis, it is now more important than ever to speak up for the planet and demand that legislators make climate change their top priority.
Important links & resources for Climate Lobby Week:
- Missed our training on March 13th? No problem! You can view the slides here and watch the recording here.
- Download our Climate Lobby Toolkit here, including everything you need to know in order to get started.
- Ready to connect with others in your district to schedule a meeting with your legislators? You can find others and connect here.
- Already scheduled your meeting with legislators and want to let others know? Please fill out this form. Also, keep an eye out here for meetings already scheduled that are open for others to join. We’ll be updating this as meetings are scheduled.
Here are fact sheets and general info for the priority issues we’re addressing this session:
PERA FOSSIL FREE DIVESTMENT – HB21-1246
Call on PERA to divest from fossil fuels and invest in local, clean energy jobs
and infrastructure. For more info, click here.
ENABLING PUBLIC BANKING
Call for the enabling of public banking in our state, providing much-needed
alternatives to banking with large commercial banks who are funding the
climate crisis. For more info, click here.
AIR TOXICS PROTECTIONS – HB21-1189
Call for strong air toxics emissions protections. For more info, click here
PLASTICS REGULATIONS – HB21-1162
Support strong plastics regulations and a local ban repeal. For more info, click
COMMUNITY CHOICE ENERGY STUDY
Support Community Choice Energy. For more info, click here
DEMAND SIDE MANAGEMENT – HB21-1238
Support Demand Side Management and promote energy efficiency and
renewables. For more info, click here.
Here’s what you need to know:
Climate Lobby Week
When: Monday, March 15, 2021 – Friday, March 19, 2021
Where: via zoom – register here and we will send you follow up information on how to participate
Climate Lobby Week Happy Hour Debrief
When: Friday, March 19, 2021, 6pm – 7 pm
Where: via zoom – register here
On the Saturday leading up to Climate Lobby Week, 350 Colorado will host a training and Q&A session for everyone who signs up to participate in Climate Lobby Week. During this training you will:
- Be trained in how to lobby your legislator
- Learn about the climate crisis and all six priority bills
- Set up virtual legislative appointments
- Practice your lobbying and storytelling skills
- Network with others from your area
- Hear from state legislators, coalition members, and 350 Colorado members
- Leave equipped with a lobbying toolkit so you will feel confident going into Lobby Week, regardless of whether this is your first time or your fiftieth time lobbying your legislator!
March 15th through March 19th is Climate Lobby Week. We are excited for you to join us over the course of the week as we meet with legislators, asking them to make climate change their number one issue and urging them to enthusiastically support the following priority bills.
- Call on PERA to divest from fossil fuels and invest in local, clean energy jobs and infrastructure. For more info, click here.
- Call for the enabling of public banking in our state, providing much-needed alternatives to banking with large commercial banks who are funding the climate crisis. For more info, click here.
- Support strong plastics regulations and a local ban repeal. For more info, click here.
- Support Community Choice Energy. For more info, click here
- Call for strong air toxics emissions protections. For more info, click here
- Support Demand Side Management and promote energy efficiency and renewables. For more info, click here.
March 19th is Climate Lobby Week Happy Hour Debrief
On the Friday evening of Lobby Week, we will gather virtually to debrief after a week of both challenging and exciting conversations with legislators. This is a great opportunity to connect with 350 Colorado members from across the state to celebrate our advocacy efforts and to provide helpful feedback that will guide future Lobby Week plans.
- Look up your state legislators here
- Look up what legislation has been introduced here
- See who else from your district has registered
- See what meetings have already been scheduled (and if you’ve scheduled an appointment, be sure to fill out this form)
- Here’s the Training Day Presentation, Toolkit, and link to the Training Day video recording
- Visit 350 CO’s Online Action Dashboard here, with info on forthcoming hearings and events including legislative updates
- 350 Colorado Climate Lobby Week Flyer
- Want to understand more of how climate change is impacting Colorado? Click here.
For more information, contact Jessica Isaacs at firstname.lastname@example.org