Take action on climate in Colorado
Stop by here anytime for a list of upcoming key action opportunities, including; tabling, public comment sessions, testifying at hearings, and growing the climate movement. One of the most important things you can do is to make your voice heard. Please speak up for strong climate leadership!
*Please visit our online calendar for details on all of our events this month, including monthly committee meetings, additional events hosted by 350 Colorado, and upcoming trainings.
Ways to Take Action:
Climate Lobby Day
Date: Friday, March 1st
Time: 8am – 2pm
Where: 1st Baptist Church, Denver Capitol
Description: Join climate activists from across the state for our 9th annual Climate Lobby Day, co-hosted by multiple Colorado organizations! Whether you’re lobbying for the first time or are a seasoned volunteer lobbyist, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the ropes with friends and allies.
Upcoming Hearings & Public Comment Opportunities:
Help the Phase Out + Clean Up Bill Pass the Colorado Senate
The phase out clean up bill in the 2024 legislative session is 350 Colorado’s highest priority as an organization, and many other groups share our urgency on this matter. This bill will phase out the approval of new oil and gas permits by 2030, prioritizing disproportionately impacted communities for reduction, and helping to make sure that polluters clean up after themselves. It would not affect production from current wells. Last year the “Study Workforce Transition Bill” HB23-1074 was passed, putting in place a study to determine how to support oil and gas workers and communities.
Take action by using this toolkit to contact your own Senator by email or phone. We have pre-written templates for you to use, if that’s helpful!
Email Your Representatives
Time estimate: 1 minute if using our template, 10 minutes if writing your own message
Take a few minutes to email Colorado representatives urging them to prioritize climate-friendly policies and tell them you are in favor of a phase out of new oil and gas permits because we produce far more than we need. We’ve prepared a template for you—just click, customize, and send!
- The Safe & Healthy Colorado coalition has introduced a Statewide Ballot Initiative to Phase Out All New Fracking Permits by 2030! Complete your Pledge to Sign the ballot initiative here and check out 20 Ways You Can Help Bring the Fracking Phase Out to voters in 2024!
- Sign the petition to Agriculture Secretary Vilsack demanding that he cancel the Uinta Basin Railway.
- Watch and share this video on social media to learn how oil and gas fracking is fueling the flames for more intense wildfires in Colorado
- Support Nuclear-Free Pueblo from anywhere!
- Sign this petition by GreenLatinos asking Weld County to stop line 1 and put community health and safety over a pipeline expansion project
- We are excited to announce a new toolkit completed in partnership with Boulder County, titled From Dollars to Decarbonization: A Local Government Blueprint for Fossil Free Finance. This toolkit is a resource for local governments to decarbonize their finances in four key areas: Pensions, Insurance, Banking, and Fossil Fuel Divestment. We’re looking for constituents to reach out to their city and county governments to share this toolkit, and to support their governments in taking the steps outlined in this toolkit. We’re happy to give presentations and offer consultation to governments that are interested in taking these steps!
- Sign the Fossil Free CU Petition Here and the Divest CSU Petition here to support local university divestment work! New to divestment & defunding climate disaster? Learn more about how critical divestment work is in the context of the climate crisis.