350 Boulder is working locally to help solve the global climate crisis and transition from fossil fuels to a sustainable future.
We promote local clean energy, locally-grown organic food and regenerative agriculture, low-GHG planning and transportation, a ban on fracking, defunding climate disaster and a community that’s resilient to the challenges we face from extreme weather and ever rising fossil fuel prices. We meet monthly and are happy to welcome new members to our team to help lead the transition to a safe, healthy future!
Boulder County’s current moratorium on fracking is slated to expire in December, 2020. We, along with local coalition partners, are continuing calls for a ban on fracking in Boulder County and we hope you will join us in taking action.
- Join us Oct. 7th, 6:30pm for an online event “Boulder County Fracking Discussion with Experts, Local Leaders & Candidates” to learn more about the issues of fracking in Boulder County. Click here to register for the Zoom event.
- For Organizations: Sign on to a Letter to Boulder County Commissioners encouraging them to place an amendment on the ballot this November for a ban on all new oil and gas installations in Boulder County. *Or, share this letter with organizations, business owners and grasstop leaders and encourage them to sign on.
- For all Boulder County Residents: Send a letter to County Commissioners urging them to Refer a Ban on Fracking in Boulder County to the 2020 Ballot.
- Sign the Petition Urging Boulder County Commissioners to Ban Fracking locally.
- Write a Letter to the Editor or Op-ed, urging County Commissioners to refer a fracking ban to the 2020 ballot! Sign up to write an LTE here. You can also find Tips and Contact Info: Writing a LTE and/or Op-ed here.
*See also this Boulder County Ban Campaign Outreach Toolkit with sample emails, social media posts and letters to the editor.
*Want more info on fracking in Boulder County and what we can do? Check out these slides from our recent ‘Fracking Threat to Boulder County and What We Can Do’ event. Click here to learn more about the Fracking Threat to Boulder County (a slide deck from Dr. Gabrielle Katz). Click here to learn about Boulder County Land Use Article 12 & Special Review for Oil and Gas Operations (a slide deck from Tricia Olson).
Also, in June, 2020 we heard from Dr. Detlev Helmig about how Boulder County is already being impacted by fracking emissions, and also from attorney Kate Merlin about how a ban on fracking is legally defensible. You can listen to the recordings of the event at these links: Part 1 (14 minutes), Part 2 (50 minutes).
Become a monthly donor so we can continue working to keep fossil fuels in the ground in Boulder County. After completing the payment step, just fill out the survey to earmark your donation for 350 Boulder County.
Come to our monthly meeting! During the pandemic, our monthly meetings will be held online on the second Thursday of each month from 6-7:30pm.
What: Building the Climate Movement in Boulder County: 350 Boulder County Monthly Meeting with ongoing presentations and action planning
When: Second Thursday of each month, from 6-7:30pm
Where: Now online – check our calendar below for the zoom link.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
See a list of our upcoming events on our calendar: