350 Roaring Fork Team Coordinator
Job Location: Roaring Fork Valley (Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, El Jebel, Basalt, Snowmass, Aspen, etc.)
Schedule: This a 10-15 hour per week position, primarily Monday through Friday and some weekends. Schedule is flexible. (Add end date/length of contract)
Compensation: This is a $17.00 per hour contracted position.
Duration: Beginning in July for 10 months (*exact dates TBD pending hiring process), with potential for extension depending on available funding, campaign progress, and other factors.
350 Colorado is hiring a community organizer to aid in the growth and success of our 350 Roaring Fork team and climate organizing on the western slope/mountain regions of Colorado. The 350 Roaring Fork organizer will recruit, train and engage volunteers in climate action both at the local and statewide level. Thank you to the Aspen Snowmass Environment Foundation for helping to support the development of this position!
In the Roaring Fork Valley we will focus on:
- Stopping the systematic funding of fossil fuels by passing municipal ordinances for divestment of public funds from fossil fuels, halting banking contracts with banks like Wells Fargo & JP Morgan Chase, reviewing insurance companies for investments in fossil fuels.
- Halting new oil and gas development through coordinated campaigns targeted at Governor Jared Polis and the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.
- Rallying support on the western slope to push the AQCC to adopt a clear roadmap to reduce Colorado’s emissions to meet emission goals, that includes no new fossil fuels, the immediate closure of all coal fired power plants, and investments in public transportation.
- Support statewide efforts for a just transition off fossil fuels and advance renewable energy solutions, e.g. through local and state policies and a Green New Deal.
- Grow local team membership and the local climate movement by recruiting new volunteers and engaging them in local and statewide climate action.
- Host and facilitate grassroots organizing leadership trainings for local residents to help volunteers step up the ladder of engagement and establish a strong network of volunteer leaders.
- Plan and co-lead outreach and education events on climate issues for the local community
- Strengthen and develop new partnerships with other nonprofit organizations to create a robust coalition for climate action in the Roaring Fork Valley
- Recruit, meaningfully engage, coordinate and delegate to volunteers and check in with them to support and maximize volunteer retention
- Develop a “mountain caucus” of individuals and organization across Colorado’s western slope to represent the views of local communities in meetings with state elected officials, coalition spaces & campaigns
To read more about the 350 Roaring Fork position and how to apply, click here!
350 Colorado Campaign Coordinator(s)
Job Location: based in Front Range
Type of Job: Temporary, Part-time, Contract position(s)
Duration: Beginning in June for 3 months (*exact dates TBD pending hiring process), with potential for extension depending on available funding, work done and other factors.
Multiple Positions Available:
Note: We may combine the following positions into 1 campaign coordinator role at 20 hours/week, if a candidate has sufficient experience and availability. In your cover letter, please note your interest in either or both positions, as well as if you’d be interested in a 20 hour/week position.
- 350 CO Defunding Climate Disaster Campaign Coordinator (10 hours/week)
- 350 CO Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground Campaign Coordinator (10 hours/week)
350 Colorado seeks either one half-time or two quarter-time organizers to support our current campaigns and to further our mission of creating a climate movement in Colorado through grassroots advocacy. We seek self-starters with the passion, creativity, and drive to make things happen while working independently and in close coordination with the Campaign Director.
Interested applicants should be capable of working both at home and able to lead online meetings and events. (All in-person events have ceased pending the situation with Covid-19.) Coordinator(s) will work closely with 350 Colorado staff to advance local and statewide campaign goals focused on defunding climate disaster and keeping fossil fuels in the ground.
| 350 CO Defunding Climate Disaster Campaign Coordinator – The 350 CO Defunding Climate Disaster Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for supporting campaigns related to defunding climate disaster, including advancing public banking, calling on Colorado’s state pension fund to divest from fossil fuels, calling out the Wall Street banks’ role in funding the climate crisis, supporting the Insure Our Future campaign focused on the role of the insurance industry in funding and underwriting fossil fuel projects, and advancing other divestment and fossil free finance efforts as they arise. This position will offer opportunities to participate in campaign planning and strategy, collaborating with allies, conducting community outreach, promoting events and action opportunities and conducting stakeholder engagement and coalition support. This position will support 350 Colorado’s campaign areas designed to achieve our overarching goal of defunding climate disaster and fossil fuel divestment.
350 CO Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground Campaign Coordinator
The 350 CO Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for supporting campaigns related to keeping fossil fuels in the ground, including fighting fracking, participating in ongoing statewide rulemaking processes, and advocating for a rapid transition away from fossil fuels toward renewable energy. This position will offer opportunities to participate in campaign planning and strategy, collaborating with allies, conducting community outreach, promoting events and action opportunities and conducting stakeholder engagement and coalition support. This position will support 350 Colorado’s campaign areas designed to achieve our overarching goal of Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground (e.g. fighting fracking and coal;) and promoting solutions (e.g. promoting renewable energy).
To read more about the coordinator position(s) and how to apply click here!