Make sure climate justice is at the top of our leaders’ agendas!
Ways to take action:
- Click here to send an email to your legislators & Gov. Polis urging them to support bills to address the climate crisis and for a rapid, just transition to renewable energy.
- Share this post on Facebook/Twitter to urge friends to take action too: “Tell your State Legislators & @GovofCO to show #BoldClimateLeadership by supporting meaningful legislation now! https://secure.ngpvan.com/BFAe2hKJ0E-xj_q7p1bi5A2”
- Testify at the Capitol! There are many bills on climate and oil and gas issues that need your support. Check out our most recent bill update here. Or take a look at our calendar!
- Follow up with a call to your representatives – find their contact info here. Find helpful talking points here.
- Share our People’s Climate Justice Platform Guide with any elected leader who needs education on Colorado Climate Justice issues! (Learn more about the People’s Climate Justice Platform Here!)
- Join our Legislative Action Committee! Educate and push elected officials to take strong positions on climate change, track policy efforts, pressure legislators for more bold climate action, organize Lobby Days at the Capitol and continue the momentum of our People’s Climate Justice Platform. There is also a subcommittee focused on promoting the Green New Deal. Sign up here.
Help make sure Governor Polis is a #BoldClimateLeader this year
- Watch and share this video on social media!
- Sign the petition to Gov. Polis for #BoldClimateLeadership & support science-based emissions reduction goals
- Give his office a call!
- Helped rally over 15 hours of public comment at the Capitol to support increased regulation on oil and gas development in Colorado
- Recruited over 5,500 (and counting) signatures on our petition to Gov. Polis & sent him 534 personal letters
- Sent over 1,500 letters to our legislators on climate issues & hosted four volunteer lobby days at the Capitol
- Launched a social media campaign to pressure Gov. Polis to support science-based emissions reductions at all sources – reaching over 79,000 Coloradans!
350 Colorado volunteers at a 350 Denver Lobby Day!