Make sure climate justice is at the top of our leaders’ agendas and let our legislators know we demand bold climate action at scale with the crisis!
Ways to take action this week:
- Sign this quick one-click letter, urging your state legislators to support bold climate legislation that is at scale with the global climate crisis.
- Sign this petition, urging Governor Jared Polis to support SB21-200.
Click on the links below for more instructions on how to give testimony, write to committee members, and/or write an LTE/Op-Ed on important climate bills in committee this week:
- HB21-1189 – Regulate Air Toxics – Hearing Monday, May 10
- HB21-1266 – Environmental Justice – Hearing Tuesday, May 11
- SB21-087 – Agriculture Workers’ Rights – Hearing Tuesday, May 11
- SB21-131 – Personal Information Protection – Hearing Tuesday, May 11
- SB21-246 – Beneficial Electrification – Hearing Tuesday, May 11
- SB21-200 – GHG & Environmental Justice – Wednesday, May 12
- *There are a variety of actions you can take to support SB21-200 and pressure the Governor and key swing legislators laid out in this RAPID RESPONSE TOOLKIT HERE.
*You can also download 350 CO’s Legislative Action Plan for everything you need to know on how to support climate legislation this session.
Also this week:
Thursday, May 13th: Climate Sit-in – Lunch on the Lawn, 12pm
Thursday, May 13th: SB21-200 Rapid Response Outreach Party, 5:30pm
- Look up your state legislators here
- Look up what legislation has been introduced here
- Want to testify? Here’s how: All hearing participation can be remote, using the free app WebEx – https://cart.webex.com/sign-
up-webex. Create an account, as you would with Zoom and/or download it for your phone. If you want to testify on a bill, here’s the link to register: https://www2.leg.state.co.us/ CLICS/CLICS2021A/commsumm.nsf/ signIn.xsp
Additional Climate-Related Legislation
*Thanks to Jan Rose & Climate Reality Project for compiling above information, and to our allies at Colorado Coalition for a Livable Climate.
Fact sheets and general info for the priority issues we’re addressing this session:
AIR TOXICS PROTECTIONS – PLEASE SUPPORT HB21-1189
Call for strong air toxics emissions protections. For more info, click here
PLASTICS REGULATIONS – PLEASE SUPPORT HB21-1162
Support strong plastics regulations and a local ban repeal. For more info, click
DEMAND SIDE MANAGEMENT – PLEASE SUPPORT HB21-1238
Support Demand Side Management and promote energy efficiency and
renewables. For more info, click here.
COMMUNITY CHOICE ENERGY STUDY – PLEASE SUPPORT HB21-1269
Support Community Choice Energy. For more info, click here
PERA FOSSIL FREE DIVESTMENT – PLEASE SUPPORT ISSUE. *HB21-1246 did not move forward this session, but please continue calls for fossil fuel divestment.
Call on PERA to divest from fossil fuels and invest in local, clean energy jobs
and infrastructure. For more info, click here.
ENABLING PUBLIC BANKING – PLEASE SUPPORT ISSUE *No bill this session, but please call for enabling of public banking in our state.
Call for the enabling of public banking in our state, providing much-needed
alternatives to banking with large commercial banks who are funding the
climate crisis. For more info, click here.
350 Colorado volunteers at a 350 Denver Lobby Day!