Welcome to 350 Roaring Fork!
We are a new team that is working hard to motivate the local climate movement in the Roaring Fork Valley! Our members include individuals from Rifle to Aspen and beyond.
The 350 Roaring Fork team was established in 2017, we are a small, but dedicated group of volunteers who are working to make the Roaring Fork Valley a national leader in climate action. We would love for you to get involved with our local efforts. We are working to protect our valley from fracking and fossil fuel development, promote clean energy and educate our communities on climate change issues. Our organizing in the area goes as far back as 2012 when we co-organized a snowless ski race on Ajax mountain.
Email Jennifer Moore if you are interested in getting involved at windwalkerarts7(at)gmail.com
In the Roaring Fork Valley we are focusing on:
- Rallying support on the western slope to push the AQCC to adopt a clear roadmap to reduce Colorado’s emissions to meet goals set by HB 19-1261, which includes no new fossil fuels, the immediate closure of all coal-fired power plants, and investments in public transportation.
- Stopping the systematic funding of fossil fuels by passing municipal ordinances for divestment of public funds from fossil fuels, halting banking contracts with banks like Wells Fargo & JP Morgan Chase, reviewing insurance companies for investments in fossil fuels.
- Halting new oil and gas development through coordinated campaigns targeted at Governor Jared Polis and the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commissions.
- Supporting statewide efforts to advance renewable energy solutions through a Green New Deal.
To hear speeches from the 2019 climate strike – check out this coverage from KDNK!
Become a monthly donor so we can continue working to keep fossil fuels in the ground in Roaring Fork. After completing the payment step, just fill out the survey to earmark your donation for 350 Roaring Fork Valley.
A few of the major accomplishments of the 350 Roaring Fork Team include:
- Hosting the Carbondale Youth Climate Strike in September of 2019 which brought hundreds of community members together for climate action.
- Organizing testimony and travel to hearings at the Garfield County Commissioners, COGCC, AQCC, CDPHE, and legislative hearings in Glenwood Springs, Denver, Rifle, and Grand Junction.
- Educating hundreds of community members through documentary screenings, workshops, and tabling at local events, and farmers markets.
- Standing up against fossil fuel projects by gathering thousands of signatures for state ballot initiatives and rallying support to stand with impacted communities in Battlement Mesa & Paonia.
- Publishing dozens of LTE’s/OP-Eds on climate issues in local and state news outlets
- We supported fellow organizations working to protect the Roaring Fork Valley
- We marched, demonstrated, attended meetings, wrote letters and postcards, called our representatives and defended Mother Earth in every way we could think of!