Quote of the Month: “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Dr. Jane Goodall, Scientist & Activist
Action of The Month: Learn More About Colorado’s Water Problem & Oil and Gas Pollution (Join a Webinar) –> Click here to RSVP!
On Earth Day, Groups Rally for Stronger Climate Action at State Capitol, Federal Reserve Building
A coalition of over 60 environmental and community groups convened at the Denver Capitol for Earth Day on Friday, April 22nd, to mount calls for stronger climate action and environmental protections from Colorado leaders and the Federal Reserve in response to the worsening climate crisis.
Young people have been on the frontlines of activism for centuries, leaving behind an inspiring legacy. No less is true for young people in the face of climate change.
Whether it be non-fiction books and anthologies, fiction for many ages, or poetry, books are not an escapist luxury. They encourage us to understand and take action to address climate change in new and more creative ways—maybe even for the first time.
Video of the Month
May we introduce you to our Climate Hero of the Month for May – Julia Moravcsik!
Julia, who joined 350CO in July 2019, sees climate change as one of the biggest threats humanity has ever faced. As someone with a special interest in electric vehicles, she specializes in EVs (electric vehicles) as a climate solution, but also works on other solutions. Julia is the events coordinator for the Denver Electric Vehicle Council, the head of the Automotive Business Team for Citizens Climate Lobby, and is working for Coltura to spearhead legislation to phase out gas cars in Colorado and other states. Meet Julia!
Upcoming Events & Actions
- May 2 – Running Low: CO’s Water Problem & Oil and Gas Pollution – Part 1 (online)
- May 9 – Running Low: CO’s Water Problem & Oil and Gas Pollution – Part 2 (online)
- May 14 – Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Workshop (Denver)
- May 16 – Running Low: CO’s Water Problem & Oil and Gas Pollution – Part 3 (online)
- May 23 – 350CO Mid-Year Fundraiser Kicks Off: Fund a Fossil Free Future!
- May 25 – Youth Action Committee Meeting & Presentation on Youth Mental Health & the Climate Crisis
Please view our full calendar to join local team meetings, committee conference calls & more