Based in Front Range
Type of Job:
Multiple Positions Available
Organizational Mission: The mission of 350 Colorado (350CO) is to work locally to help build the global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis and transition to a sustainable future. 350 Colorado has established itself as the largest Colorado-based grassroots network focused on taking action to stop climate change. We work to empower local communities with the tools and connections to create measurable change towards a sustainable future.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator, Executive Director & Campaign Coordinator
Job Location: Colorado, United States: Based in Front Range
Are you ready to learn valuable skills at an organization committed to climate action? Are you searching for an opportunity to learn and grow with a community of grassroots activists and organizers?
350 Colorado seeks summer interns to further its mission of creating a climate movement in Colorado through grassroots advocacy. We seek self-starters with the passion, creativity, and drive to make things happen while working independently and in close coordination with a team. Interested applicants should be capable of working both at home and open to traveling to events and team meetings in the Front Range, with opportunities for statewide travel as well. Interns will work closely with 350 Colorado staff and team leaders to recruit, retain and engage volunteers, as well as, have the opportunity to work on statewide and local campaigns. This unpaid position can range from 5-30 hours per week, with a minimum commitment of 100 hours.
Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects. He or she must be hard working, self-motivated and must demonstrate a commitment and passion for environmental protection.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in public speaking
- Creative mindset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications skills
- Proficiency in social media platforms, google programs, and some database experience (i.e. CRMs, wordpress, Neon, Action Network)
- Some event planning and outreach experience is preferred
- Background in social justice and organizing is preferred
- Graphic design skills are a plus
- Bilingual skills are a plus
As an intern you will:
- Correspond with volunteers, businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Manage and contribute to 350 Colorado’s social media accounts
- Conduct outreach for events and actions (i.e. tabling, phone banking, partnership building, etc.)
- Draft and design: emails, web content and educational materials
- Research and report current environmental policy and news in Colorado
- Engage in state and local government activities (town halls, city council meetings, public comment, etc.)
- Maintain and enter accurate volunteer records in agency database
- Conduct demographic reports and analysis on volunteer groups
- Work on local climate change advocacy and education campaigns
- Facilitate and train volunteers in canvassing and petitioning
- Assist with management of volunteer recognition including “Climate Hero of the Month”
- Work with a coalition of organizers and volunteers to plan and coordinate events
- Provide logistical support to 350 Colorado staff and Local Team Leaders
- Coordinate and communicate with volunteers
Do you have an idea or project that you think would result in measurable climate action in Colorado? Do you want to make your idea concrete and engage a wide community in climate justice? Then this internship is for you! This intern will be a self starter who is ready to engage with the 350CO community. They will have some project planning skills and the ability to implement their idea. When submitting your application please include an additional document detailing your idea or project and what results you see it having in the community.
To apply, send a brief cover letter and a resume to Julia Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to add up to two pages of additional supplementary materials you think would add to your application. In the cover letter, please specify your internship goals and why you’re committed to climate justice. Feel free to get in touch with any questions about the internships. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply today!