Who are 350 Colorado Volunteers?
We are motivated Coloradans from all walks of life that are working hard to build the climate movement in Colorado. We all have unique skills and motivations, but we have come together to form a community of climate protectors! We are committed to ensuring a livable climate for all and are focused on promoting local change through grassroots advocacy.
How can you help?
At 350 Colorado we aim to use each of our volunteers for the extraordinary skills and hope to help them grow as individuals. Whether you are trying to gain new skills for a job opportunity, want to meet new people in your community or are ready to dive into grassroots advocacy, we can help you! 350 Colorado is excited to build meaningful relationships that are beneficial to you and the movement!
Here are some examples of what you could do as a volunteer:
- Become a clicktivists! sign online petitions, share social media posts, send emails
- Help organize a local campaign on one of our areas of focus
- Hit the streets and petition!
- Join or lead a local team (check out a full list of our teams here)
- Assist in marketing and public relations
- Help us build our information base by doing some research
- Communicate and educate others on climate change issues
- Attend an event! Check out our calendar!
Want to learn more about our volunteer programs? Email email@example.com so we can connect you with an active volunteer. Let’s sit down and grab a cup of coffee!
Interested in learning more or ready to get started?
1) To get more involved, first please sign up on this form so that we can stay in contact with you.
2) Then, if you want to volunteer with a team in your area, please email contact the team leader in your area (see the team pages HERE).
3) If there isn’t a team in your area, and you would like to start one, please contact Julia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Already a volunteer? Fill out this survey and win!
THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO BUILD THE MOVEMENT!!!
What Can You Do Today? Complete An Action Item Below!
Go Fossil Free: Divest-Invest Pledge
We can have a huge impact collectively when we move our money from fossil fuels to climate solutions. With renewable energy becoming more competitive every day, we can promote a healthy planet and economic security by divesting from fossil fuels and reinvesting in solutions.
Fight Climate Change with your Fork
Did you know that the globalized food system contributes to as much as 19-30 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions? Choosing to reduce meat consumption and purchase local, organic food can have a variety of environmental and health benefits.
Contact your Representatives
Hold your representatives accountable and let them know you are watching! Don’t be afraid to call multiple times, It’s as easy as taking five minutes of your day to show your representatives you care about a climate issues.
Don’t know who your representatives are? Text your zip code to: 520-200-2223
Call or write a letter to your representatives asking him or her:
- Stop Fracking: Call on your elected state representatives to place a moratorium or ban on fracking. Click Here to Send a Letter in Less than Three Minutes
- Put a price on carbon by supporting a federal Carbon Tax
- Support clean air and water, tell them their constituents are watching their vote
- Encourage your city council/mayor/businesses to move to 100% renewable energy
- You stand against federal climate denial
Support something your representative is doing? THANK THEM!
Low on time but want to contribute? Any contribution helps us in our many projects to build a movement towards a clean, healthy future. Contribute to the movement today!
Are you ready to learn valuable skills at an organization committed to climate action? Are you searching for an opportunity to learn and grow with a community of grassroots activists and organizers?
350 Colorado seeks summer interns to further its mission of creating a climate movement in Colorado through grassroots advocacy. We seek self-starters with the passion, creativity, and drive to make things happen while working independently and in close coordination with a team. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with opportunities statewide!