Saturday, April 29 at 10 AM – 2PM
Denver’s Civic Center Park
Colfax and Bannock, Denver, CO
Closing out the first 100 days of the current Administration on April 29th will be the People’s Climate March on Denver (PCM) – a huge demonstration to highlight our recognition that climate change is real, it impacts all of us, and that we are committed to solving it. Please help us get the word out and make the day a success!
The PCM in Denver, along with other sister city marches, is happening simultaneously with the People’s Climate March in Washington. Like the Women’s March, the PCM will be a national show of resistance, power and unity.
A dedicated crew is busy planning the Denver event, and we need your help!
Here are 3 ways for individuals to get involved:
A) You can find the latest details about the Denver march, RSVP and invite friends here on Facebook. Not on Facebook? – RSVP here!
Volunteer to assist with various aspects of planning, preparation, and day-of logistics.
A) Become a marshal. Marshals are people distributed along the march route to ensure safety of participants, answer questions and communicate with march organizers. These folks will be key to making the march a success. Since advanced training is necessary, we need people to volunteer soon! If you can commit to a 1-hour marshal training, please fill out this survey. We will hold several marshal trainings to fit your schedule and can organize a training for you and friends if you want to organize a training in your location.
B) Fill out the form at this link, and we’ll be in touch!
C) Contact 350CO Volunteer Coordinator Julia Williams at outreach(at)350colorado.org
Donate to help cover the costs of the march
— e.g. promotion, law enforcement, sound systems, port-a-potties, and a hundred other things. If you can donate even a few dollars, please click here. (You can also support the march by purchasing a People’s Climate March on Denver t-shirt here.)
Thanks for your help to build the climate movement in Colorado!
Questions? Contact 350CO Volunteer Coordinator Julia Williams at outreach(at)350colorado.org
Allied organizations are invited to become supporters and/or sponsors and have a table at the event!
A dedicated crew is busy planning the Denver event, and we we would love for your organization to be involved! Here are 3 ways to jump in:
- ***Please let us know how you’d like to be involved by filling out this short form!*** There are various levels of engagement. Pick one that works for your organization. All levels are invited to table at the rally at Civic Center Park.
- Join us as a supporting organization to assist with march planning (i.e. training marshals, media outreach, community outreach etc.) or commit to turning out a large portion of your membership for the event.
- And/or become a sponsor. Contribute a financial or in-kind donation to help promote/ensure the success of this action.
- Get the word out to your membership about the PCM on Denver. You can find the latest details about the PCM on Denver, our platform and resources for spreading the word in this toolkit.
- Share upcoming opportunities to learn more about the event, sign up to volunteer or be trained as a marshal with your members.
- Please share our volunteer application page with your members available both on FB or Action Network.
- For members who might want to become marshals for the event direct them towards this form, and we will email them about upcoming marshal trainings near them.
We will follow up soon about next steps with those interested. If your organization has signed up to table, you can find more info about tabling here. We are very excited to make this a collaborative and intersectional event. Thank you for your enthusiasm and partnership!
Ecologically-minded businesses who are leading the transition from fossil fuels to a sustainable future are also invited!
Will you support this action and spread the word about your work by becoming a march sponsor and table at the event? There a couple levels at which you could become involved:
- Bronze Sponsorship: $250-$500. As a bronze sponsor, you’ll have the opportunity to table at our event.
- Silver Sponsorship: $500-$1000. As a silver sponsor, you’ll have the opportunity to table at our event and have your logo displayed on our website.
- Gold Sponsorship: $1000+. As a gold sponsor, you’ll have the opportunity to table, have your logo displayed on our website, and have your company’s logo featured on a banner at our march.
Your sponsorship helps this important work come to fruition. ***Please respond to this form to let us know how you’ll be involved.***
Thanks for your help to build the climate movement in Colorado!
Questions? Contact 350CO People’s Climate March of Denver Organizer Ellen Kerchner at info(at)350colorado.org
We Resist. We Build. We Rise.
Donald Trump’s election is a threat to the future of our planet, the safety of our communities, and the health of our families. As communities around the world confront intensifying impacts of climate change, this administration is rolling back hard-won protections of our climate; issuing assaults on air, water and land; and unleashing direct attacks on indigenous peoples, people of color, immigrants, workers, LGBTQ+, women, young people, low-income communities and more. Trump and his corrupt cabinet offer a dark vision of the world: one where the fundamental rights to clean air and water are denied, where scientific fact is ignored, where the powerful few prosper at the expense of the people and the planet.
But we have a brighter vision for the world: one that prioritizes historically disenfranchised communities, and unleashes an unstoppable clean energy revolution that produces good jobs and tackles the climate crisis, bringing forth an economy that works for all of us. Our fights are tied together, and only togther we will succeed. United, we celebrate our differences and demand a safe and livable climate, an economy that provides sustainable jobs, and justice truly for all.
At the 2014 People’s Climate March, we said it takes everyone to change everything. Now, with everything at stake, everyone has a part to play. While the current administration offers a dark and divisive vision for the world, we envision a world where the dignity of all peoples is respected, and the clean energy revolution creates and retains fair union jobs and tackles climate change. That’s why on April 29, we will mobilize in resistance to the systems that attempt to divide us, and rise to build bold solutions for the brighter future we know is possible. Together, we resist, we build, we rise.
350 Colorado – Because there is no planet B. #denverclimatemarch